How to spend quality time with kids?

ParentCircle.com approached me last week, for a short video shoot, answering, “How to spend quality time with kids?”.. 

And my answer is the following..

-

I start my answer with an assumption that we all understand, and accept the importance of spending time with kids. And we also value the quality in that time, where, we also enjoy the same.


ACCEPTANCE for QUALITY is IMPORTANT.


As it comes to "how" part, I prefer being planned and present for the same.

The KEY here is HAVING a PLAN & BEING PRESENT.


No doubt that we all do important things. However, if it’s a planned time, or needed time for my child, I prioritise the same.

PRIORITISATION is IMPORTANT.


Still, in case, I am unable to keep my promise to my daughter, I owe her an explanation. With brief explanation, I also tell my daughter when I'd spend time with her next. And I try to I walk the talk.

KIDS are IMPORTANT. THEY do DESERVE BRIEF EXPLANATION, and THEY NEED to BELIEVE in PROMISES.


As a family, we all have a lot of overlap at home. However, when it’s my daughter’s time - 1:1 - I make sure that I focus, listen, talk, and make eye contact.

To summarise, ACCEPTANCE with HONEST PLAN & PRIORITISATION, and PRESENCE with FOCUS & ATTENTION bring QUALITY in TIME with KIDS. 


--


For more similar articles, pl. check my latest clip-book @ https://www.parentcircle.com/clip-book/61102a7ea4/managing-quality-time/#


Don't forget to share if you like it :)



Clicks @ Parentcircle, during the shoot




Comments